Sales associate and gift designer Christy MacKellar restocks shelves in anticipation of the reopening of Sibley's West.
Sibley's West: The Chandler and Arizona Gift Shop will reopen its doors to guests on Friday, May 8, following Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's recent pronouncement on the relaunch of the state's economy after the Covid-19 quarantine.
Sibley's West will be open from 10 am to 7 pm Fridays and Saturdays and from 11 am to 4 pm Sundays going forward, and in the short term open by shopping by appointment between 10 am and 3 pm Monday through Thursday.
The gift shop is taking a number of precautions to make the shopping experience safe for both visitors and Sibley's staff members.
* Sibley's West team members report their temperature and use hand sanitizer at the beginning of and throughout their shift.
* The Sibley's West team will wear masks during your visit.
* You will be greeted by a team member offering a spritz of hand sanitizer.
* Attention will be given to maintaining a limited number of shoppers in the store at one time.
* The team will be practice social distancing in interactions with guests.
* Plexiglass barriers have been hung at the two checkout stations to protect guests and staff members.
* Purchased items will be placed on a table for the guest to pick up.
* Cleansers will be used at the checkout counter between sales.
* We do have cloth face-covering masks available for purchase both in-store and online.
For guests, we request:
* If you are unwell, coughing or beset with a fever, that you shop online with us at sibleyswest.com.
* We encourage, but do not require, guests to wear face coverings.
* In respect to other guests, we ask that visitors show restraint in touching items in the store until purchase.
* We ask that guests follow safety protocols and social distancing suggestions advanced by the state and federal governments.
Sibley's West has used this period of quaranting to expand its online offerings at sibleyswest.com.
There are now close to 400 different Arizona products now available, including pottery from Gary Houston and Kathleen Wallace Greer, a selection of "hot" products from Anthony Spices, soaps and lotions from Wild Women Soaps and Udder Love, and many other items.
We will continue to offer Curbside Pickup for items purchased online. Simply place your order, check Curbside Pickup, and you will be contacted when the items are ready.
On behalf of the Sibley's West team, thank you for your support through this pandemic and your attention to your and our team's safety.
Management Associate Steve McElrath installs a plexiglass barrier at the checkout counter.
Management Associate Teresa Mastison reiterates that masks and cleansers will be used by the Sibley's West team.